Spa World Alkalinity Increaser 500g
- Increases the total Alkalinity in your spa and reduces pH fluctuation.
- Helps protect and prevent spa equipment from corrosion.
- Works on all spa types.
- Works with all sanitizer types
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Test for the total alkalinity with a reliable test kit using fresh testing reagents and if necessary make the adjustment according to the directions for use.
- Alkalinity Increaser should be dissolved in a bucket of water and dispersead round the spa.
- Run the filter whilst adding the Alkalinity Increaser to ensure adequate distribution throughout the spa water.
- Allow 3-4 hours before testing the total alkalinity level again. Make further additions if necessary using the dosage rate as a guide.
- Alkalinity Increaser (Sodium Bicarbonate) is used to raise the total alkalinity in spa water to "buffer" the pH. If total alkalinity levels are too low, pH "bounce" (or excessive fluctuations will occur).
- The minimum total alkalinity level in a spa should be 60mg/L (ppm) ask your pool shop for the correct level for your spa.
- We recommended pH testing regularly by use of reliable test strips
- If pH falls outside the required range (7.2-7.6) add pH increaser or pH decreaser as needed.
- Dose spa 8-10 hours before planned use time. (If you plan on using the spa in the evening, dose in the morning).
Read the guide below for more details on maintenance in your spa
Any advice or suggestions above, including but not limited to instructions and dosing rates are intended to be a guide only. Spa Store and its staff recommend you read the full instructions on all chemical containers. We will not accept responsibility for the use of these products.
PRODUCT SELECTION TIPS
- Check your current water treatment type.
- Is your system chlorine-based, or non-chlorine?
- Check your water volume.
Still not sure this is the correct chemical? Contact us.
Can't find what you are looking for? Use our Al assistant to get more information on our products and services.